06/05/2020 0 Comments
We Are Open
To our valued Patients:
As of the week of May 25th, both the Government of Alberta and the Alberta Dental Association (ADA) has given permission for Dentists to resume our normal scope of practice. Dental Hygienists will also be allowed to return to practice; however, they will temporarily have a more limited scope than previously allowed.
New protocols have been put in place to protect our patients and our team members. Protocols will continue to be updated as new information and guidelines become available. We are continuously monitoring all information and directives from the ADA and will continue to update our protocols as they require to ensure the safest environment for all parties.
You can expect the following at your next visit:
The Dental Team:
1. All team members are screened daily for COVID-19 symptoms on entering the clinic and throughout the day. Temperatures are being monitored and recorded. All team members must sign a form stating they are fit and 100% healthy to work.
1. Pre-screening will occur over the phone. Symptomatic patients will be asked to stay at home and self-isolate. Emergent patients with COVID-19 symptoms will be directed to the appropriate facility for treatment.
2. We will be limiting the number of patients in the waiting room. You may be asked to wait in your vehicle until your treatment room is ready.
3. There will be no toys or magazines in the waiting room. The coffee and water stations will also be closed at this time.
4. You will be asked to sign a consent form and screening questionnaire on entering the clinic. We will also be taking temperatures using a “no contact” thermometer.
5. On entering the treatment area of the clinic, you will be asked to wash your hands and perform a pre-treatment mouth rinse.
6. Staff members will look different! We will be wearing required Personal Protective Equipment (PPE). Depending on the procedure, you may see us wearing coveralls, gowns, hair bonnets, face shields, masks, respirators, etc.
7. Clinic hours and availability are temporarily reduced due to increased cleaning & disinfection protocols.
8. Guidelines set by the Hygiene Association allow for hand scaling only. No cavitron use or polishing can be done at this time.
We look forward to seeing you in the clinic soon! If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us.
The Doctors and Staff of Appleway Dental Clinics