07/02/2020 0 Comments
Advantages of Dental Implants in Red Deer, AB
A simple way to think of a dental implant is as a replacement tooth root. Dental implant surgery involves placement of a titanium artificial root, performed in outpatient procedure at a dentist’s office. A porcelain crown is then placed over the implant to recreate the look of a natural tooth.
Dental implants are recommended for patients who have healthy gums and strong enough bone to hold the device. Patients who have tooth damage or have lost teeth due to decay or trauma often seek out dental implants. Implants are a long-term alternative to bridgework or dentures, to improve appearance and function. They look and feel like natural teeth, becoming a permanent part of the smile.
In addition to improving aesthetics, here are additional benefits that residents of Red Deer should consider:
- Improved speech: Dental implants do not slip like dentures. Your speech with an implant will be clear and crisp, just like speaking with your original teeth.
- Easier eating: Dental implants function just like natural teeth. You can bite and chew efficiently, without worrying that they will slip or get food particles stuck underneath.
- Better self-image: Dental implants restore the self-confidence that comes with a healthy, beautiful smile.
- Good oral health: A dental bridge is the conventional fix for a missing tooth. But a bridge requires that adjacent teeth be reduced – ground down – to anchor the prosthetic with crowns. With implants, the surrounding teeth are not impacted. That improves the long-term health of your mouth.
- Long-lasting: Dental implants are strong and durable and last for years. In fact, for many patients who practice good oral care, implants last their entire lives.
The dental implant process requires a few visits to the dentist’s office. However, most patients report little or no discomfort during treatment, and an uneventful recovery. Patients receive local anesthesia during the procedure and any residual soreness is easily managed with over-the-counter pain medication. Additionally, care of the implant is just like caring for your natural teeth. Regular brushing and flossing keep the implant and surrounding gum line clean. Regular visits to your dentist and avoiding detrimental habits like chewing on hard items, use of tobacco, and over-use of caffeine products keeps your implant and your remaining teeth strong and intact.
Are you ready to improve your smile? Call Appleway Dental Clinics today to schedule a consultation with Dr. Mohamed Soliman or Dr. Alok Singh.